The Best Value Cat Health Care Guides You Can Buy

Whether you own a kitten, a young cat, an elderly cat or all of the above it is very important that you know how to look after your feline friend. There is a great saying that dogs have owners, cats have staff and it is easy for most cat owners to draw some truth out of this phrase.

I myself have a fridge magnet that reads "If you want the best seat in the house, you'll have to move the cat" and I suppose because cats can seem so mysterious, elusive and downright aloof that thousands of similar sayings like these have been used to describe the fact that cats will always do their own thing.

As a result of their aloof reputation and apparent indifference to the wishes of their owners it is easy to forget that our cats rely on us to help them maintain a good level of health and ensure that they eat properly, get their appropriate shots, flea and worming tablets and generally receive plenty of love and care for the duration of their lives.

If you really want to know what makes your cat tick and what is going on inside his or her head there are several ebooks available which provide you with lots of helpful information about how to properly look after your cat, how to feed her, train her and how to recognise when she is unwell or injured. Some of them also give good instructions on how you can help your cat if she is not well but doesn't necessarily need to go to the vet.

Based on information compiled from comprehensive surveys, I have narrowed the list down to what are considered the top three ebooks available for value for money and useful content. If you are serious about looking after your cat or kitten, I feel every cat owner should have a copy of a cat health care book to help them give their cat or cats as happy and as healthy a life as possible.

A lot of people believe cats will take care of themselves if they have to. This is not only wrong but it is a very irresponsible attitude to take when you have taken in a pet and assumed ownership of him or her. If you want to have the best possible relationship with your cat it is worthwhile taking the time to find out what makes him or her tick.

The Complete Cat Health Care Guide

Things I liked

Although at $19.95 it is the most expensive of the 3 ebooks this manual covers all aspects of cat ownership in great detail. From play, to nutrition, to first aid, to healthcare, it deals with all the issues, problems and training you should be aware of if you adopt a cat or kitten. In my opinion, this would be my first choice if I was only going to purchase one cat health guide.

Another positive note, from personal experience, the people at Kingdom of Pets who wrote the book have provided me with great feedback and answered any queries I've had regarding my cats and having also purchased 'Secrets of Dog Training' from them last year, I know there are lots of bonuses and extras available free through emails and the download page for months to come.

It is also pretty reassuring to be offered a 60 day money back guarantee, no questions asked. You can read the book for 60 days and still get your money back if you are not satisfied. I doubt there will be many people looking for a refund though, I simply cannot recommend this book highly enough.

Things I didn't like

The only problem I had with the book was the sales page. It felt a little pushy and when you do eventually decide to buy the ebook, it takes you to another page of ads before you can get to the purchase page. Maybe i'm being a little picky here, other than that this book is well worth the $19.95

Cat Care Secrets

Things I liked

At $14.77 this ebook is less expensive than the Complete Cat Health Care Guide and it does offer lots of very useful information on training your cat. It is an easy to read and easy to follow book where you can learn all you need to know about cat ownership. There is a fun 9 question quiz at the start of the book for cat lovers to see just how much they know about their feline friend and how much they can learn from the book.

What makes this book stand out from the others is the fact that it outlines exactly how you can teach your cat tricks and obedience training such as heel, sit and stay. It also shows you how to train them out of bad behaviours like scratching furniture, stop biting and the famous cat trick of bringing you presents from outside.

There is also a 60 day money back guarantee with this book which serves to reassure you even further that this book is the real deal.

Things I didn't like

I know I am being pedantic here but I hate it when a sales page tells that the discounted price has a time limit when you know for a fact that it will be the same if you check back in a couple of weeks. The discount of $5.18 is hardly going to make you speed up you decision.

The Cat Health Guide

Things I liked

I loved this book for many reasons. The main reason is that it is obviously written by an avid cat lover who adores her own cats and wants everyone else to do the same. This is not only apparent from the writing but the unbelievable price of only $3. Every cat owner should own this book.

While it doesn't go into as much detail as the other 2 books regarding training and day to day living with your cat, the main focus of the book is equally important. It teaches you how to recognise illness or injury in your cat and how to deal with it quickly and competently so that you can avoid going to the vet or in bad circumstances so you can stabilise your cat so he or she can make it to the vet.

My favourite part though is the bonus ebook of 100 home made recipes for your cat. I can tell you from personal experience that so far I have tried 4 or 5 of them and my cats loved them.

Things I didn't like

The only negative thing I could say about this ebook, and remember it is only $3, is that it is definitely aimed at experienced cat owners so it doesn't focus on showing new cat owners what they need to know about owning a cat. For the price though it is certainly excellent value for money.

Summary

To summarise here I will simply tell you what I would do. Given the choice I believe I would buy the Complete Cat Health Care Guide AND the Cat Health Guide because I think they compliment each other very well and although Cat Care Secrets is an excellent book I just prefer the layout of Complete Cat Health Care Guide a little more.

Whether you are an experienced cat owner or a newbie starting out with a little kitten there is much to be learned from these books to give your cats the best possible lives.